Friday, July 01, 2005

Class got off early yesterday, and I decided to attempt to connect to the Internet using the labs at the university and see if I would have any better luck than I had with my home connection. The only plus side was that I could access Orkut, albiet very, very slowly. Whilst awaiting the familiar "Orkut Home" page to load, I overheard two young men using a PC just behind me talking, their conversation, to my surprise, going something like this:

Person1: Nahi yaar, that is pleasurism!
Person2: Nahi nahi, I will show you what pleasurism really is.
Person1: What makes you an expert, have you ever done it?
Person2: Just wait, I'll show you how its done right now.

Surprised and, I must admit, very curious, I turned around to see what on earth the pair was upto in an almost deserted lab. I was disappointed/relieved to find that both were staring intently at a report they had opened up on the PC. It then hit me, as their conversation continued, that they had been talking about "plagarism", with a Pakistani pronounciation style which had resulted in it sounding exactly like "pleasurism".

Misha at Friday, July 01, 2005

|